We are looking to hire a highly motivated and accomplished professional seeking an account management and customer success role in a rapidly growing company. The Spike Lab (TSL) is an education company that runs a youth entrepreneurship program (1-on-1 coaching sessions, 100% video conferencing) that helps students launch a “Spike,” a multi-year project uncommon among teens, based on genuine passion and a deep sense of purpose. The Success Associate will play a key role in ensuring the coaching quality for The Spike Lab’s families across Asia and the United States, supporting the company leadership, coaches and families. Our coaching model has always been conducted online and is therefore counter-cyclical to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Our student demand is now at an inflection point which has created the need for this new hire: someone to support our founders to ensure that families are getting the most value out of our program. This role will be based out of our Taipei office.
We are looking for someone who is excited to interact daily with families (students and their parents) to enable The Spike Lab to offer the highest quality coaching possible and to bolster customer retention. This is also someone who is extremely detail-oriented and has strong communication skills in English (and ideally some ability in Mandarin also). Most importantly it’s someone who is mission-driven and passionate about our coaching model and vision. You will have the opportunity to work with a uniquely global and diverse team with deep entrepreneurship, business, and education experience — all alumni from top US universities like Stanford, Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Cornell, Michigan, and Williams.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for managing processes related to student success and retention.
- Supporting coaches in hitting their coaching benchmarks and ensuring that communications are being issued to families at the appropriate times
- Working with coaches to finalize progress reports and sending those progress reports out to families on time
- Scheduling progress meetings with students’ families
- Overall retention metrics tracking and reporting. Responsible for designing the best ways to track and report to the team on our KPIs and overall retention outcomes.
- In charge of managing operations for initiatives that benefit the student experience, such as gift giving and special student-facing events
- Account management continuous improvement. This includes proposing and prototyping improvements to our success management systems to create a better student and family experience that is responsive, high quality and scalable: i.e. creating and managing retention communication automations wherever appropriate.
- Communicating with parents via email, text and messenger platforms to field questions and concerns
- Meeting with parents via phone or Zoom to give updates, discuss concerns, and manage family expectations
- Relaying concerns or issues to coaches and resolving those issues with the Head Coach
Program Support and Quality Control
- Track student progress and ensure that students are hitting their benchmarks at appropriate times, or if not, that the outcomes are aligned with parental expectations
- Write up Spike Defense assessments on behalf of Success Managers
- Approximately 10-20% of your time should be allocated towards supporting other team members’ (and in particular the success managers’) efforts like testing new systems, confirming payments, or other administrative work, but it’s important to recognize that these are to support others and not your core roles and responsibilities.
What we’re looking for
- Relatable, highly persuasive communicator (both verbal and written)
- A fast learner and creative thinker
- Good at managing ambiguity and large workloads: strong task prioritization & management
- Mission-driven & passionate about our model and vision
- Bachelor’s degree from a respected American university (preferred)
- 2 years experience working at a predominantly English-speaking company (preferred)
- 2 years experience in customer success, customer service, hospitality, education, or account management roles (preferred)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Fluent or conversational in Mandarin (preferred)
- Authorized to work in Taiwan (aka Taiwanese Citizen or Permanent Resident with open work permit) (required)*
- Strengths: Customer Service, Interpersonal Relations, Sales, Communications, Copy-writing, and Software Management
- Experience within a company transitioning from startup stage to growth stage (preferred)
*Non-Taiwanese citizens who are in the process of obtaining Permanent Residency or who have applied for an Employment Gold Card are encouraged to apply as well
- NTD60-70,000 monthly. Compensation is commensurate with Taiwanese salary ranges for high-performing customer service professionals.
- Quarterly team bonus structure based on achieving performance goals.
- Irregular working hours to collaborate effectively with the CEO who is NYC-based and to contact parents and families who are based in the US. Required to work evenings three (3) days per week (i.e. 2-11pm). However, you will also have flexibility in managing your own schedule and paid time off.
- Working alongside our Taiwan team in our Taipei office in Neihu but able to work fully remotely when necessary.
- Full benefits included.
This position is a great opportunity to get involved on the ground level of a rapidly growing company with an important mission and to work closely with the company’s founders and an international network of coaches, families and partner organizations. There is ample room for growth in this role.
About The Spike Lab
The Spike Lab is a youth entrepreneurship program that helps students launch a “Spike,” a multi-year project uncommon among teens, based on genuine passion and a deep sense of purpose. It’s structured as a one-on-one coaching program, and the first to combine Spike Incubation with college consulting.
- Mission: To develop purpose-driven innovators for life. Read more about our mission here.
- Company Inception: June, 2016
- Students Served: 100+ students as of January 2020 and growing rapidly
- Occasion: Our first few years have been focused on developing our unique Spike Coaching curriculum/model and achieving a reputation for high-quality, high-trust coaching among the families at the top schools in Taiwan and Hong Kong. We are now starting to scale throughout Asia and especially in the US.
- Team & Geography: 20 => New York, New Jersey, California, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Maryland, Louisiana, Taiwan. 7 Core Team Members. 13 Part Time Coaches
Please email email@example.com with your CV, LinkedIn Profile and a short explanation why you’re qualified for and interested in the role.
To apply for this job please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org